The original practice was sited in New Street, Burton on Trent, in premises that had been a medical practice since 1897. In 1988 the construction of the Octagon Centre saw those premises pulled down, and replaced with the new practice in Peel Croft. The name comes from Sir Robert Peel, as the land it is built on was originally attached to Sir Robert Peel’s house during the last century.
The premises were purpose built, with full disabled access and a large car park at the rear. It is sited close to the town centre, and conveniently placed for access by foot, car or public transport. The catchments area encompasses Burton on Trent town centre.
Whilst the major part of the building is used for the surgery, there are various private consultation rooms, and amongst others the Burton & Dove Hearing Centre uses these.