When the doctor has recommended that your treatment may be repeated, there are several methods that the request can be made:-
- Our online service
- Visiting the surgery
- By post, ensuring that you enclose a stamped self addressed envelope if your new prescription is required by return of post
- Alternatively by prior arrangement with your chosen pharmacy
We are no longer able to accept telephone requests.
Online requests are also available using the link at the top of this page. Submitted online repeat prescription requests will be accessed every working day morning at 9.00am and your prescription/s will be available for collection after 36 hours.
A minimum of 24 hours notice is required for repeat prescriptions, except in cases of extreme urgency.
You will be required to see the doctor periodically to check that your medication is having the desired effect.
If you take medication regularly and find that you have to order different medications at different times, we can synchronise your prescriptions. Please either ask at reception or download and fill out the form below.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
Did you know every year in East Staffordshire, an estimated £800,000 of unused medicines are wasted!
Click on the link below to find out what you can do to help cut down this waste: